We Indians are known to worry too much about poop. It is a must to empty our bowels every morning and if that doesn’t happen, we start to grunt about it, feeling uncomfortable until it reaches the ‘final destination’. Many-a-times the reason behind this could be lack of fibre in your diet. We bring you 10 foods loaded with fibre that will surely make your bowel movement smoother than before.
1. Apples are known to keep constipation at bay as one apple contains approximately 4.5 grams of fibre.
2. One orange contains 4 grams of fibre and is also low on calories. It has a flavanol in it that acts like a laxative.
3. Yes, we are serious. A cup of popcorn has almost 1 gram of fiber and these kernels, if taken without any flavor is also low calorie. So sit with your tub of popcorn to soften the poop.
4. A small cup of oats contains two grams of both insoluble and soluble fibre. This helps in smooth bowel movement.
5. This superfood is packed with Omega 3 fatty acids and fibre, with fibre being the operative word here. It is best to dry roast them and having a spoonful for 2 grams of fibre.
You have heard aloe vera is good for your skin and hair. Well, it is also good for your bowels. It is a laxative and will help you greatly.