New Delhi, 23.03.19: Indian Nursing Council (INC) is empowered under Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947 to prescribe the syllabus and maintain uniform standards of nursing education in the Country.
New Delhi, As per Section 13 of INC Act, 1947, INC has the power to inspect the State Nursing Council recognized institutions, on the suitability for training and adequacy of the same. Under Section 14, INC has the power to withdraw the recognition.
Indian Nursing Council has already developed the following specialized one year Post Basic diploma courses keeping in view the emerging requirements for specialized Nursing courses on:
- Post Basic Diploma in Cardio-Thoracic Nursing
- Operation Room Nursing
- Orthopaedic & Rehabilitation Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency and Disaster Nursing
- Neonatal Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Neuro Science Nursing
- Oncology Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner Critical Care Post Graduate Residency of 2 years duration.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Sh Ashwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.